Ashes turnaround shakes up online cricket bettingPosted on 07/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA big Australian victory in the fourth test and the ongoing saga of Andrew Flintoff's fitness has got bookmakers scratching their heads before the series decider.
Australia took the hosts apart at Headingley last week to tie the series 1-1 with one Test remaining.
Before the victory by an innings and 80 runs Australia were at 5.50 with IASbet.com to clinch the series while England were at 1.83.
But the deterioration of paceman Flintoff's knee injury and the manner of the Australian turnaround now has them at 2.25 to win the fifth Test and so the series.
IASbet.com are also now offering England at 5.00 and the draw is at 2.25.
However, these odds could change again thanks to news on Monday evening that Flintoff may play in the final showdown.
He failed to make the side for the humiliation at Headingley and many now feel his fitness could decide the outcome of the series.
According to Sky Sports, an ECB statement on the Lancastrian read: "The advice received was that the swelling in his knee has significantly eased following the decision by the England management team to rest him from the last Test match and that subject to further rest and intensive treatment, he will be available for selection for the fifth npower Ashes Test at The Brit Oval."
If the talismanic Flintoff does make the squad for Thursday, it could shorten Australia's odds to win the series.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)