TAB Horse betting guide 2
Follow us on Twitter for Free Tips and Exclusive Offers.
2015 Melbourne Cup Odds and Betting tips
Start betting on the Melbourne Cup with a free bet of up to $250
1. Open a new betting account at Sportsbet.com.au on your computer, mobile or tablet device.
2. Deposit money using your debit card, credit card, payPal or Bpay ($5 minimum)
3. Place your first bet on any horse race or sport, including the Melbourne Cup (any amount from $1 right up to $250 qualifies for a free matched bet)
4. Get your instant free bet of up to $250* to place on any sports or racing bet. (*Terms apply)
Top 2 picks: 1. Criterion 2. Fame Game
Best Quinella Criterion / Fame Game
Money Back special Place your Melbourne Cup bets at Sportsbet.com.au and get your money back if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd!2015 Melbourne Cup odds Win or Each Way (1/4 odds first four places). Odds courtesy of Sportsbet.com.au
|Trip To Paris|
|Who Shot Thebarman|
|Gust Of Wind|
|Gust Of Wind|
|All other horses|
This is the easiest way to place a bet. Mystery Bets are available on the next race to run and on the feature race of the day. Mystery Bets are computer generated selections and are available as follows:- - $1 Single Trifecta - $2 Single Quinella - $3 Box Trifecta (50 cent investment) - $3 3-Up (Win, Exacta and Trifecta in the one bet).
OTHER BETTING OPTIONS EXPLAINED
What is Boxing?
"Boxing" the runners in your bet means that you can cover all possible combinations for the finishing order. This bet is available on Quinella, Exacta, Duet, Trifecta and First 4.
What is a Standout?A Standout means you can pick a single runner to come in 1st place and any of the other runners you select can fill the other places in any order. Available on Exacta, Trifecta and First 4.
What is a Multiple Bet?A Multiple Bet allows you to pick more than one runner in each leg of the bet. Available on Quinella, Exacta, Duet, Doubles, Trifecta, First 4 and Quaddie.
What is a Roving Banker?For this bet you would select a runner as your "Roving Banker" and then continue and select other runners to fill the remaining places. The Roving Banker must finish in a place, with any of your other nominated runners filling the remaining places in any order. Available in Exacta, Duet, Trifecta and First 4.
What is Flexi betting?Flexi Betting allows you to bet on a Trifecta, First 4 or Quaddie at an outlay to suit your pocket - so you can have multiple selections without being restricted by your budget! All you have to do is to decide on your selections and th
- Go to Horse Racing freebets.
- MLB Multi Bonus
- AFL & NRL 5+ Multi Bet Refund up to $100
- Daily Racing Specials
- Power Prices
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Sportsbet for details*
- AFL $2 Friday Favourites
- NRL & AFL Footy Freaks
- Favourite vs Field
- Community Shield Cashback
- AFL Mega Multi
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Ladbrokes for details*
- H2H NRL Specials
- 4+ Multi Specials NRL and AFL
- Live Vision Special Offers
- Million Dollar Kick
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Crownbet for details*