Australia marginal favourites in Champions Trophy semi bettingPosted on 02/10 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listOnline cricket betting punters have an eye on the fitness of England's Stuart Broad and Matt Prior ahead of today's Champions Trophy semi-final with Australia.
Paceman Broad and wicketkeeper Prior are both injury doubts before the tie at Centurion in South Africa, and could be affected by the niggles even if they take to the field.
Broad has a torn buttock muscle and Prior has been laid low by illness in recent days.
Odds at Sportsbet show Australia as marginal favourites on 2.00, while England stand on 2.30.
England bowler Graham Onions has said his side hold no fear of taking on Australia even though they went down 6-1 to them in the recent ODI series.
He posted on the England team blog: "We know we are a good side. It's a case of going out and performing. We need to be more consistent and I think we have been in this tournament.
"Losing six one-dayers against Australia was not ideal preparation so it was important we won (the last series ODI) at Durham."
Sportsbet is also running odds on who will run up the biggest batting total for each side today and boost their teams chances of making the final.
Australia's captain Ricky Ponting is on 4.00 to rack up the highest total for his side, while counterpart Andrew Strauss is on 4.25 with the same bookmaker.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)