Australian rally shortens ODI odds for Indian seriesPosted on 06/11 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listAustralia will be battling to clinch the ODI series against India on Sunday after an impressive win in Hyderabad saw them take a 3-2 lead.
The result has shortened their online cricket odds for the series, after a series of injuries looked like derailing their tour.
In a major plus to captain Ricky Ponting, the side seem to have avoided collecting any more niggles after Thursday's dramatic three-run win.
SportsBeT now rates the side as the 1.57 favourites to take the series, compared to 2.40 for the hosts.
However, the same bookmaker apparently believes an Indian fightback is likely in Sunday's sixth ODI, with the home side 1.62 for the win compared to the tourists' 2.30.
Australia will go into the final two games with a new weapon – paceman Clinton McKay, with the Victorian impressing in his debut on Thursday.
His Victoria state coach, Greg Shipperd said: "I think he had the bowling figures, if you like, in terms of the people he got out compared to Watson whose figures on paper were statistically better.
"It just shows that people waiting for their opportunity to play for Australia have got the wherewithal to do a very good job."
Following Sunday's match in Guwahati, the side will face a final ODI in Mumbai next Wednesday – which will decide the series if India do manage a win over the weekend.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)