Betting hots up thanks to sizzling Ashes seriesPosted on 01/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA draw in the third Ashes Test has opened up some interesting prospects in cricket betting markets with Australia one down with two to play.
On Tuesday England stood at 5.00 to win the Headingley tie with Betfair.com.au while Australia are at 2.92 and 2.16 for the draw.
The fitness of key players on each side looks likely to play a crucial role in the outcome of the match, which starts on Friday.
England are likely to play all-rounder Andrew Flintoff despite his apparently deteriorating knee injury, with Betfair running 1.01 on the chance he will appear and 2.28 on the chance he won't make it.
Australia, meanwhile are keen to get fast bowler Brett Lee back in the action after injury ruled him out of the first three Tests.
Lee has been seen in the nets this week and his pace is said to be heading back to normal, so a punt on him playing a part could be a good move.
Australia captain Ricky Ponting has also been dropping hints on Lee's fitness, and was quoted by the Guardian as saying: "We are going to need to see him go pretty hard to give himself a good chance of selection.
"But the way things are coming along I expect him to be able to bowl at pretty much 100 per cent over the next couple of days."
Australia are at 5.50 with iasbet.com to win the series overall, with England at 1.83 and a drawn series at 3.00.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)