Cricket betting markets have Australia as final favouritesPosted on 05/10 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listAustralia go into the Champions Trophy final today as firm favourites in the online cricket betting markets after thumping England in Friday's semi-final.
Sportsbet has them on 1.40 to overcome New Zealand, who are on 2.95 with the same bookmaker.
Ricky Ponting's men thrashed England by nine wickets to make it to the Centurion showdown, while New Zealand beat Pakistan by five wickets in the other semi-final.
Ponting has said his team will need to hold their nerve and stay cool if they are to secure another 50-over title.
A number of the side, including bowlers Mitchell Johnson and Peter Siddle, have never before appeared in a world show piece final and Ponting stressed focus will be the key.
He said: "The thing I've stressed to the guys is not to get too carried away by the size of the occasion, we just have to put up a performance we know we can and not try anything too spectacular, and if we do that I'm sure you'll see a good game from us."
New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori expects his team to have plenty of motivation despite not being the bookies' favourites.
He said: "For New Zealand fans back home, their biggest game whenever we play is against Australia.
"When we drew the Chappell/Hadlee series it felt pretty good back home so this opportunity is pretty big."
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)