England odds lengthen ahead of Ashes showdownPosted on 15/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listThe odds of an England victory have grown further ahead of what promises to be an epic final Ashes Test.
The home side now stand at 5.20 to win the match, with Australia now at 2.45 and the draw at 2.20 with IASbet.com.
At one stage England were odds-on to clinch the series but a stunning Australian performance in the fourth Test has shaken up online cricket betting.
The outcome of the series decider, which starts at the Oval on Thursday, could depend on the fitness of Andrew Flintoff for England.
He has been struggling with injury throughout the series and has blown hot and cold thanks to the persistent knee problem.
Australia on the other hand look to have pace bowler Brett Lee back to full fitness but could decide to leave him out, such was the quality of the previous performance at Headingley.
Australia coach Tim Nielsen told The Telegraph the touring staff were "pleased" with the existing pace line up of Ben Hilfenhaus, Peter Siddle and Mitchell Johnson.
IASbet.com is also offering odds of 4.00 for captain Ricky Ponting to chalk up Australia's biggest batting score in Australia's first innings, with Andrew Strauss also at 4.00 to do the same for England.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)