ICC Champions Trophy betting favourites bow out earlyPosted on 29/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listWashouts and upsets have shaken up the cricket betting for the ICC Champions Trophy, with South Africa already down and out.
England dashed the hopes of the hosts and favourites by beating them by 22 runs thanks to some superb batting from Andrew Strauss' men.
Australia are now the favourites on 3.25 with Sportsbet, and had to deal with a washout in their last match with India on Monday having begun to build a commanding batting total.
England are now on odds of 5.50 with Sportsbet having started the tournament on 16.00 with the same bookmaker after a miserable recent ODI series against Australia.
Following their rain-drenched tie with Australia, India still have a slim chance of making the semi-finals and are now the outsiders on 11.00 with Sportsbet.
Pakistan are second favourites on 3.35 and face Australia in Centurion on Wednesday.
Ricky Ponting's men will face a strong bowling attack which includes quality spinners Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal.
"We are confident. Itís always a challenge to play against better sides." said Pakistan Coach Intikhab Alam.
Sportsbet has Australia on 1.58 for Wednesday's match, with Pakistan on 2.38 with the same bookmaker.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)