India slight favourites to overturn Australia in ODI seriesPosted on 16/10 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listIndia have been given the slight edge in early cricket betting markets for their first ODI match against Australia.
Jaipur will play host to the first of Australia's seven matches in India on October 25, and the Champions Trophy winners are currently far from favourites for the series.
Betfair rates India at 1.93 to win the first match, with Australia at 1.90. India also have the edge in the odds when it comes to picking the winner of the series outright.
Betfair has them on odds of 1.83 to win over the seven ties, while Australia are on 2.00. A drawn series is at 7.20.
India have dropped 36-year-old batsman Rahul Dravid from the first two matches of the series having recently recalled him for a tri-series in Sri Lanka and the Champions Trophy in South Africa.
Opener Virender Sehwag and all-rounder Yuvraj Singh have returned to the side after coming back from injury.
All-rounders Yusuf Pathan and Abhishek Nayar, batsman Dinesh Karthik and paceman Rudra Pratap Singh have all been dropped.
Australia will be keen to erase memories of a test series defeat in India in 2008, when they were beaten 2-0 – which at the time was their first test series loss since being beaten by England in the 2005 Ashes.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)