Poor England fielding could influence online cricket bettingPosted on 17/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listEngland will look to stamp out their bad fielding form when they take on Australia in the penultimate one-day international of the series today.
The hosts' captain Andrew Strauss branded his side's last performance in the field as "disappointing" as they went down for the fifth ODI in a row at Trent Bridge on Tuesday.
England have performed poorly since winning The Ashes and are 5-0 down to Australia in the seven-fixture ODI series.
Strauss said of the poor showing at Trent Bridge on Tuesday: "That's something there should be no excuse for. I do know we work very hard on our fielding and we fell short of the standards we set ourselves."
Following Australia's four-wicket win earlier in the week, the visitors are on 1.48 with Sportsbet to take a 6-0 lead after today's tie at Trent Bridge, with England on 2.65 with the same bookmaker.
Additional cricket betting markets have England on 2.40 to hit the most sixes, with Australia on 2.00, also with Sportsbet.
The seventh and final match of the series is on Sunday at the Riverside, by which time England could be facing a 7-0 whitewash after the high of recovering The Ashes from Australia.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)