Canterbury Bulldogs the $7.00 mystery package for 2018?Posted on 09/02 by Joe Gann
Dean Pay looks to learn from Des Hasler's mistakes and rekindle the Bulldogs' spirit.
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing list$7.00 to take home the wooden spoon, and $7.00 to make the top four; the current betting market perfectly sums up the uncertainty surrounding the Bulldogs’ chances in 2018. Nobody really knows what to expect from a side that is attempting to pick themselves up from a dismal campaign which culminated in an eleventh placed finish.
The positive sounds emerging from the camp, suggest that, without actually coming out and saying it, the departure of former coach Des Hasler has come as a welcome relief to a number of the playing squad.
New boss Dean Pay has moved quickly to address the unpredictable selection decisions that plagued the latter stages of Hasler’s reign. Going into the new campaign, it appears that the spine of the team will consist of Moses M’Bye shifting to fullback, with Matt Frawley and new signing Kieran Foran in the halves and Michael Lichaa reinstated at dummy half.
The decisiveness of making such a statement of intent at this early stage contrasts vividly to the last campaign, in which eight different spine combinations were deployed in twenty-four games. The unstable atmosphere at Belmore did nothing for team spirit with disillusionment and discontent rife within the squad.
High up on his to-do-list will be to find a solution to the problem posed by a blunt attack that registered a derisory haul of 360 points last year - the worst offense in the competition. The addition of Foran will no doubt help in that regard, as will selecting and persisting with a more consistent, settled spine to the team.
The Bulldogs are to finish in the top 4 - or to finish bottom of the pile
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
Latest Rugby news
- New South Wales early favourites to claim the 2018 State of Origin title
- Melbourne Storm red-hot favourites to claim World Club title
- Canterbury Bulldogs the $7.00 mystery package for 2018?
- 2018 NRL odds, tips, ladder predictions, team previews and Premiership best bets
- Who will WIN the NRL Wooden Spoon?
- Cronulla Sharks $2.60 to avenge play-off loss to the Cowboys
- Confident Cowboys $1.50 to open with a win
- South Sydney Rabbitohs hoping to welcome back Greg Inglis in time for season’s opener
All news archives (all sports)