Ford distances himself from Rugby League jobPosted on 27/11 by R Van Mesman
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listAn ex Wigan player - he was a scrum half - he had been much favoured to take on the role and task of leading England to international victory in the Rugby League game.
However, he has rejected any talk of such a move. The 44 year old has maintained that he is happy in his current role as of defence coach for the England Rugby Union team.
Ford has expressed some surprise at his name being talked about in connection with the prized job at England Rugby league.
He said to Sky Sports: "My name got linked with the job. It gathered momentum and the bookies made me favourite. I was surprised. I didn't know where it came from."
"I'm very happy with my job with England Rugby Union. We've got a job to do, ultimately for the World Cup in 2011."
England Rugby League has needed a new coach since Tony Smith left his post. Punters who fancy a stint at Rugby League betting will note that Leeds Rhinos are on with Betfair at 2.14 to win the season.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet live in-play on all AFL and NRL matches
- Bet on AFL Round 21
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
Latest Rugby news
- NRL tipping favourites for Round 25. Expert tips and predictions
- NRL Round 25 odds and betting tips
- NRL tipping favourites for Round 23. Expert tips and predictions
- NRL Round 23 odds and betting tips
- NRL tipping favourites for Round 22. Expert tips and predictions
- NRL Round 22 odds and betting tips
- NRL Round 21 odds and betting tips
- NRL Round 20 odds and betting tips
All news archives (all sports)