Ford distances himself from Rugby League jobPosted on 27/11 by R Van Mesman
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listAn ex Wigan player - he was a scrum half - he had been much favoured to take on the role and task of leading England to international victory in the Rugby League game.
However, he has rejected any talk of such a move. The 44 year old has maintained that he is happy in his current role as of defence coach for the England Rugby Union team.
Ford has expressed some surprise at his name being talked about in connection with the prized job at England Rugby league.
He said to Sky Sports: "My name got linked with the job. It gathered momentum and the bookies made me favourite. I was surprised. I didn't know where it came from."
"I'm very happy with my job with England Rugby Union. We've got a job to do, ultimately for the World Cup in 2011."
England Rugby League has needed a new coach since Tony Smith left his post. Punters who fancy a stint at Rugby League betting will note that Leeds Rhinos are on with Betfair at 2.14 to win the season.
Latest Rugby news
- NRL Round 8 tips and predictions
- NRL Round 7 Tips and Predictions
- NRL Round 6 tips and predictions
- Tom Trbojevic central to Brad Fittler’s plans – NSW remain $1.70 favourites
- Brisbane Broncos now $4.00 for the top four after parting company with Kevin Walters
- NRL Round 5 tips and predictions
- Canberra Raiders $6.50 to record most losses in 2018
- Suliasi Vunivalu $5.50 to top the try- scoring charts for the third year in a row
All news archives (all sports)