State of Origin 2015 Free Betting Tips: 5 expert tips to make money betting on OriginPosted on 10/05 by Les H
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing list5 expert tips to make money betting on State of Origin game 1
Date: Wednesday 27th May
Time: 8:05 pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney
TV: Live on Channel 9
1. Take advantage of bookmaker promotions and improve your odds significantly
It's bookmaker silly season when it comes to the State of Origin as the corporates take each other on by offering bizarrely competitive offers to new customers. For example, Sportsbet.com.au will refund all bets up to $100 if your team loses by 8 points or less on Origin game 1. Superb value for punters.
Combine that with a new customer offer of a $250 free bet on the game from Sportsbet, and suddenly the odds become very much in your favour.
New Australian Bookmaker PalmerBet have an of that Blues fans will love - a new account offer exclusive - get odds of $3.00 for NSW to win Game 1 of the State of Origin Series. Limited offer to new accounts, maximum bet is $50.
Ladbrokes don't fancy the Blues either and are offering odds of $2.50 to win Game 1
Over at William Hill if your teams leads at any time in the game but end up losing, then you get your money back up to $100
2. Make sure you compare the best odds for Origin instead of just automatically placing your bets at the TAB.
Bookmakers are very happy to offer competitive margins on the State of Origin betting in order to attract new customers online, whereas the TAB often give poorer prices than online bookmakers. Check out the latest odds below from Sportsbet for Origin game 3:
New South Wales v Queensland head to head odds (includes golden point)
|New South Wales|
3. Use your NRL knowledge to take on the bookmakers offering "niche" markets
If you know your NRL then State of Origin is a great time to take on the bookies. Long gone are the days when all you can bet is the head to head and handicap line markets. Sportsbet.com.au are offering hundreds of events to bet on, so study the form and look for value in the obscure. The lesser advertised betting markets include:
- Most metres gained by NSW or QLD?
- Most time in possession
- Who'll score the most tries; Will Hopoate or Darius Boyd?
- Man of the Match
- Will a 40/20 be kicked?
- Pick your own handicap line
- Total match points: under/over 35.5
4. If you think either team will win comfortably, then take a look at the winning margin markets for improved odds
At current odds you will get for NSW to win, and for QLD to win - you get the same odds whether your team wins by 1 point or 14 points for example. But if really fancy your selection to come strong then you should consider the added value in the winning margin markets where you can get odds of for Queensland to win by 13 or more points.
New South Wales v Queensland odds Winning margin odds
|Winning Margin||betting odds|
|New South Wales 1-12|
|New South Wales 13 or more|
|Queensland 13 or more||Draw|
5. If your bets are looking good during the game you can lock in a profit by betting live(in-play)
Many punters forget that instead of enduring a pain staking last 5 minutes hoping your bet survives, you can lock in a guaranteed profit if your bet is in a winning position by betting live in-play. For instance, if you've backed NSW to win the game and the Blues are 5 points in front with a few minutes to play, you can bet live and back Queensland at a big price to ensure your payout should either team win.
Live betting online is available for William Hill and Ladbrokes now using your existing internet or mobile betting account number and use the funds already held in your online balance.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Rugby news
- New look Newcastle Knights $1.90 to start with a win
- Brisbane Broncos surprise outsiders on the opening day
- St George Dragons $1.80 to start the season with a bang against the Broncos
- Jarrod Croker backed to repeat historic point scoring tally
- Warriors keen to end finals drought
- The return of Johnathan Thurston boosts confidence in North Queensland Cowboys’ title chances
- Cameron Smith backed for 2018 Dally M as he leads Melbourne Storm’s next generation
- Fresh beginning for the Gold Coast Titans as they eye a more stable 2018
All news archives (all sports)
- - January