Who will WIN the NRL Wooden Spoon?Posted on 11/01 by Joe Gann
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing list2017 NRL Wooden Spoon betting odds and tips
Ladbrokes.com.au provide the latest NRL odds for bet-au.com
Will the Knights make it a hat trick of NRL Wooden Spoons?
This is what our NRL expert (Joe Gann) has written in our 2017 NRL Ladder Predictions about the Wooden Spoon red hot favourites:
After the loss of over 1000 games of experience coming into the season, the admirable decision to fill the void with youth and investment in local talent understandably didn’t generate an instant pay-off. With just one win – coming in Round Six against Wests – 2016 was a season to forget for everyone associated with the Knights. An eighteen game losing streak immediately followed that single success and the awful figures - 800 points conceded and just 305 points achieved at the other end of the park - are two of the most glaring statistics of a miserable campaign.
The previous year had finished with the ignominy of the wooden spoon ‘award’ and in 2016, Nathan Brown’s side managed to sink further; conspiring to equal the 1993 Gold Coast Seagulls’ record of just a solitary win in a season. The 2016 Knights can be bracketed together with the 1999 Wests Magpies for the unwelcome tag of Worst NRL team of all time.
The magnificent home support, averaging 14,457 at each home game, is a huge positive for a club presiding over consecutive last place finishes. Another bright spot in a sea of negativity is the hope that the exposure to first-grade competition will accelerate the progress of young prospects like the Saifiti twins, Brock Lamb, Jack Cogger and Sione Mata’utia. Their hopes of avoiding a hat-trick of wooden spoons may depend on it.
2017 NRL Regular Season Least Win odds
|St George Illawarra Dragons||$4.00|
|Manly Sea Eagles||$20.00|
|All other teams||Click here|
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the AFL Round 1
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Rugby news
- NZ stunned as RLWC 2017 continues to surprise
- Kangaroos still the team to beat heading into the Rugby League WC Quarter Finals
- 2017 NRL Grand Final preview and expert tips
- 2017 NRL Preliminary Finals preview and expert tips
- NRL betting odds expert guide - How to bet on NRL games in Australia
- 2017 NRL Semi Finals preview and expert tips
- 2017 NRL Finals week 1 preview and expert tips
- 2017 NRL Round 26 preview and expert tips
All news archives (all sports)