Arsenal agree fee with Real Madrid to sign Mesut OzilPosted on 02/09 by G Waldorf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listArsenal have agreed a club record fee of £42.5m ($80m) with Real Madrid to sign midfield playmaker Mesut Ozil. Ozil is understood to have agreed terms with Arsenal and is awaiting a medical before the deal can be announced.
Ozil, a regular in the Germany team is considered surplus to requirements at Real Madrid following the Gareth Bale transfer from Tottenham Hotspur to Madrid.
The Ozil deal immediately earns Madrid approximately half of the Bale transfer fee back, which they are thought to be looking to use to pry Luis Suarez away from Liverpool.
Arsenal are available at odds of to win the 2013 / 2014 EPL, whilst we think Ozil is a terrific buy, he isn't going to win the Gunners the league. A much better bet is to back Arsenal at odds of to win the EPL without the Big 3. Basically backing Arsenal to finish 4th.
Latest Soccer news
- Next Socceroos Manager odds. Who will be the new permanent Coach of Australia?
- Top 5 European Championship Goals
- Euro 2016 Soccer Group A Predictions and Expert Free Betting Tips
- Euro 2016 Soccer Predictions and Expert Free Betting Tips. Team, Group and Player odds and previews.
- EPL betting previews, latest odds and expert tips
- EPL Boxing Day games betting preview, latest odds and expert tips
- EPL Round 17 betting preview, latest odds and expert tips
- The magic of the FA Cup returns?
All news archives (all sports)