Vettori cleared for Pakistan gamePosted on 20/11 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listNew Zealand have received a major boost ahead of their test series against Pakistan after captain Daniel Vettori was given the all-clear to play following a bout of concussion.
Vettori ended up with the problem after being hit on the helmet while batting in the ODI series against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi.
He was withheld from the final two Twenty20s as a precaution and has since improved enough to be available for the first test, which begins on November 24.
Cricket betting markets at Betfair have New Zealand as slight favourites for the opening test, on 2.60 to 2.80 for Pakistan, while the draw is at 2.82.
New Zealand Cricket also mentioned the captain's shoulder injury, saying: "He has some structural damage to the joint which will not affect his ability to bowl.
"Physiotherapy rehabilitation exercises will assist with the ongoing management of this injury. It will not affect his availability for the Test series."
Meanwhile, strike bowler Kyle Mills is expected to undergo surgery in the next two weeks for a torn rotator cuff on his left shoulder, and will also have work done on a chronic injury to a right knee tendon.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)