Melbourne Storm odds for 2017 - Grand Final, make the Top 8 and season wins bettingPosted on 03/02 by Joe Gann
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listOur NRL expert Joe Gann has assessed all 16 teams for the forthcoming season in his essential 2017 NRL Ladder Predictions, here we take a look at the Melbourne Storm
The Storm may yet reap the rewards from the controversial decision not to take part in the upcoming World Club Championship. The club has cited the taxing travel obligations associated with a regulation NRL season as a non-Sydney team as a reason for the withdrawal and have instead opted to play two trial matches in Australia as preparation to the new campaign.
The impending return of superstar full-back Billy Slater after two injury blighted years will come as a massive boost to a squad depleted by the loss of key personnel in the off-season. During Slater’s absence, young star Cameron Munster has been assigned the unenviable task of filling the boots of the Queensland legend, and he has performed his duties fantastically well. If, as expected, Slater does make his comeback, a move to the backs for the outstanding Munster would look like the obvious choice for his development. With Blake Green’s switch to fierce rivals Manly, the timing of this positional tweak could work out nicely for the Storm.
The roster for 2017 will boast an average age of just twenty two; the invaluable seasoned campaigners that form the core of this team will be complemented well by an influx of talented new blood. Competition for places at the club is fierce; nowhere more so than at five eighths, where Coach Craig Bellamy has no fewer than five players vying for the shirt. Brodie Croft, Jahrome Hughes, Curtis Scott and Ryley Jacks will all provide competition to Munster as to who will partner Cooper Cronk in the halves. Joe Stimson is a new addition to the first-grade squad; a graduate of the under 20’s system, the highly regarded youngster may be the man given the chance to replace the outgoing Kevin Proctor.
A difficult opening draw; in which they face the Bulldogs, Warriors, Broncos, Panthers and, in a repeat of October’s Grand Final, the Sharks will provide an acid test to the Storm’s chances of repeating their traditionally strong start to a season. However, this may be to the Victorians’ benefit, as four home games in the last six of the season may pave the way for another successful year for Bellamy’s side. The sheer match-winning ability of this team, armed with a formidable defence, make it hard to overlook the Storm as competition favourites once more. With the possible reunion of the Holy Trinity of Cronk, Slater and Cameron Smith for one last hurrah, it would be brave to wager against the Melbourne club who will have redemption in mind following the heartbreak of last October’s Grand Final loss.
Ins: Josh Addo-Carr (Wests Tigers), Brandon Smith (Cowboys), Vincent Leuluai (Roosters), Jahrome Hughes (Cowboys), Ryley Jacks (Sunshine Coast Falcons).
Outs: Marika Koroibete (Rugby Union), Josh Kerr (Dragons), Ryan Morgan (St Helens), Blake Green (Sea Eagles), Ben Hampton (Cowboys), Richard Kenner (Bulldogs), Kevin Proctor (Titans).
|Storm to win NRL Premiership: $8.00||$250 Bonus Bet*|
Ladbrokes.com.au provide the latest NRL odds for bet-au.com
1. Open a new betting account at Ladbrokes.com.au on your computer, mobile or tablet device.
2. Deposit money and place your first bet (any amount from $1 right up to $250 qualifies for free bonus bets)
3. Get your instant free bets of up to $250* to place on any NRL, sports or racing bet.
Click on the odds below to start betting now with Ladbrokes.com.au on your PC, Mobile or Tablet. *Terms apply
Melbourne Storm 2017 odds
|Win the Premiership||$8.00|
|Make the top 4||$2.00|
|Make the top 8||$1.25|
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Rugby news
- New look Newcastle Knights $1.90 to start with a win
- Brisbane Broncos surprise outsiders on the opening day
- St George Dragons $1.80 to start the season with a bang against the Broncos
- Jarrod Croker backed to repeat historic point scoring tally
- Warriors keen to end finals drought
- The return of Johnathan Thurston boosts confidence in North Queensland Cowboys’ title chances
- Cameron Smith backed for 2018 Dally M as he leads Melbourne Storm’s next generation
- Fresh beginning for the Gold Coast Titans as they eye a more stable 2018
All news archives (all sports)
- - January