Wests Tigers odds for 2017 - Grand Final, make the Top 8 and season wins bettingPosted on 14/02 by Joe Gann
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listOur NRL expert Joe Gann has assessed all 16 teams for the forthcoming season in his essential 2017 NRL Ladder Predictions, here we take a look at Wests Tigers
After the bitter feud between club legend Robbie Farrah and Coach Jason Taylor threatened to overshadow on-field events; the subsequent demotion and sacking of Farrah, took the gloss off what was an extremely satisfactory year at Leichardt Oval. T
he decision to place faith in youngsters Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks paid immediate dividends as the team enjoyed an upswing in form, winning three games on the bounce. With the pair out of contract in 2017, the club will no doubt be keen to tie the duo down to new deals as soon as possible.
The club do now have a possible problem in the hooker role though losing Farrah, Dene Halatau, Manaia Cherrington in the off-season leaving the Tigers’ options looking threadbare in that particular department.
A creditable ninth place finish, just a solitary point off the finals places represented a solid year for Wests. With the competition’s second worst defence - only the Knights conceded more tries - the Tigers contrived to become the only side to succumb to the Newcastle club in 2016.
The brave mid-season move to drop Farrah, was initially vindicated, however time will tell if it proves to be the right call.
There has been very little movement coming into the club pre-season and the form of star man James Tadesco, together with captain Aaron Woods, Brooks and Moses will be key to their success in 2017.
Ins: Jamal Idris (Free agent).
Outs: Josh Addo- Carr (Storm), Jack Buchanan (Widnes Vikings), Josh Drinkwater (Released), Asipeli Fine (Bulldogs), Lamar Liolevave (Bulldogs), Billy McConnachie (Released), Jesse Parahi (Rugby Sevens), Manaia Cherrington (Sharks), Dene Halatau (Retirement), Robbie Farrah (Rabbitohs), Curtis Sironen (Sea Eagles).
|Tigers to win NRL Premiership: $26.00||$250 Bonus Bet*|
Ladbrokes.com.au provide the latest NRL odds for bet-au.com
1. Open a new betting account at Ladbrokes.com.au on your computer, mobile or tablet device.
2. Deposit money and place your first bet (any amount from $1 right up to $250 qualifies for free bonus bets)
3. Get your instant free bets of up to $250* to place on any NRL, sports or racing bet.
Click on the odds below to start betting now with Ladbrokes.com.au on your PC, Mobile or Tablet. *Terms apply
Melbourne Storm 2017 odds
|Win the Premiership||$26.00|
|Make the top 4||$10.00|
|Make the top 8||$3.50|
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Rugby news
- Pearce the inevitable casualty of Cronk recruitment
- NZ stunned as RLWC 2017 continues to surprise
- Kangaroos still the team to beat heading into the Rugby League WC Quarter Finals
- 2017 NRL Grand Final preview and expert tips
- 2017 NRL Preliminary Finals preview and expert tips
- NRL betting odds expert guide - How to bet on NRL games in Australia
- 2017 NRL Semi Finals preview and expert tips
- 2017 NRL Finals week 1 preview and expert tips
All news archives (all sports)