Australia v Ghana betting oddsPosted on 16/06 by G Waldorf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing list
Australia v Ghana odds and betting tips
The adverse reaction in Australia to the 4-0 defeat in game 1 probably mirrors the undue optimism that swelled before that game. Australia, like many nations in this World Cup so far, are a long way off the top tier. And playing a lone striker up front, a not particularly good one at that, doesn't help. The Socceroos must be more positive if they are to progress.
Ghana have underperformed over the last few years, and without Michael Essien, were not expected to do much in this event. However, they refused to bullied by a physical Serbian side and came away with a priceless 3 points.
And Australia are not Serbia - indeed Australia are not even New Zealand on current form. So we are very suprised to see Ghana as big as $1.91 with Sportsbet for this game. That looks generous. Especially without Cahill, Australia's only real top class outfield player. Our advice is to back Ghana "to win to nil". So Ghana need to win and stop Australia scoring, which is very feasible. That is priced up at $2.88 with the same bookie.
If you disagree, you can back Australia with Sportsbet at odds of $4.33. The draw is priced at odds of $3.30.
Whatever you back in the World Cup, ensure you maximise the Free Bets being offered by each bookmaker. Refer to our World Cup free bet guide for more information. There is up to $600 in free bets for Australian punters available here.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the AFL finals
- 2017 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Soccer news
- Top 5 European Championship Goals
- Euro 2016 Soccer Group A Predictions and Expert Free Betting Tips
- Euro 2016 Soccer Predictions and Expert Free Betting Tips. Team, Group and Player odds and previews.
- EPL betting previews, latest odds and expert tips
- EPL Boxing Day games betting preview, latest odds and expert tips
- EPL Round 17 betting preview, latest odds and expert tips
- The magic of the FA Cup returns?
- EPL Round 16 betting preview, latest odds and expert tips
All news archives (all sports)