Australia continue to battle the odds in ODI seriesPosted on 08/11 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listAustralia will be battling cricket odds and a long injury list when they take on India in the sixth ODI in Gowahati today.
Ricky Ponting's side went 3-2 up in the series with a dramatic win in Hyderabad on Thursday, but are still up against it thanks to selection problems.
Last week Peter Siddle and Moises Henriques joined the long injury list, and New South Wales quick Burt Cockley and Bushrangers all-rounder Andrew McDonald have been called in to make up the numbers.
Tipsters and the odds are still suggesting an India fightback today, with Sportsbet rating the hosts as 1.65 favourites for the game, while the visitors are at 2.25.
The same online cricket betting market has Australia as favourites to take the series overall, with one match still to play after Sunday's tie.
Australia are at 1.65 for the overall win, while the hosts stand on 2.20.
Last week Betfair tipster Nick Tedeschi pointed to Australia's injuries and subsequent lack of bowling options as one of the reasons why claiming the series looked unlikely.
He wrote: "The main danger man for Australia, however, is the hard hitting Yuvraj Singh. After missing the series opener due to injury, Yuvraj has been warming to the task with a blistering 78 in game three before an unlucky runout sent him packing on 12 in game four."
However, this was before the Aussies pulled off Thursday's eye-catching win. Betfair also rates India as favourites for a fightback today, on 1.72 to Australia's 2.32.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)