Henriques joins injury list as Australia's cricket odds slidePosted on 05/11 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listYet another injury has shaken the Australia camp as they bid to take a 3-2 lead against India in the ODI series today.
All-rounder Moises Henriques will return home after picking up a hamstring problem, joining Peter Siddle, who developed a side problem earlier in the week.
Ironically Henriques was himself called back into the squad to cover injuries in Ricky Ponting's side, but has been sent packing after a scan.
The injury list appears to have affected the team's online cricket betting odds, as they are still the bookmakers' underdogs despite winning the fourth ODI to the series.
Betfair rates them at 2.32 to take the series overall, compared to 1.21 for hosts India.
Australian physiotherapist Kevin Sims said of Moises: "He complained of some discomfort after the fourth ODI in Mohali. He had an MRI scan when we arrived in Hyderabad which showed signs of injury to the right hamstring.
"The medical staff believe the injury will not recover sufficiently for him to participate in the last week of the tour and therefore we have decided he will return to Australia where he will continue his treatment."
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)