Favourites out of the betting for Pan Pacific OpenPosted on 29/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listTennis betting markets for the Pan Pacific Open have already seen some of the favourites fall by the wayside, with third seed Elena Dementieva the latest to bow out.
Dementieva lost to Kateryna Bondarenko, going down in three sets in Tokyo and joining Dinara Safina and Venus Williams on early flights home.
Still in the betting are big names Maria Sharapova and Jelena Jankovic, who are both set to play on Tuesday.
Maria Sharapova is now the favourite with Betfair, on 3.00, while Jankovic is on 4.50.
Jankovic takes on Sabine Lisicki today and is on 1.56 for the match, while Betfair is offering 2.92 on Lisicki to cause an upset.
The Serbian started the US Open well last month but faced an emotional exit to Yaroslava Shvedova after her grandmother died the night before the tie.
Maria Sharapova, on the other hand, survived a testing run-out in her first match in Tokyo, beating Italian Francesca Schiavone in three sets.
Following her hard-fought win on Monday, Sharapova said: "I thought I did a good job of hanging in there because she was playing at a high level, some of the best tennis she has played against me in all of our match-ups before."
Latest Tennis betting news
- Sportsbet.com offering Lleyton Hewitt odds of 67.00 for Australian Open Tennis
- 2013 Tennis US Open Ladies Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Tennis US Open Men's Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Women's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 Men's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Women's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Outright and Semi Finals Betting Guide
All news archives (all sports)