Federer's US Open odds shrink in online tennis betting marketsPosted on 05/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listRodger Federer has shrunk to 1.90 in tennis betting markets to win the men's title at the US Open following his four sets victory over Lleyton Hewitt.
The Swiss ace can now boast 14 wins on the trot against Australian Hewitt, beating him 4-6, 6-3, 7-5, 6-4.
His rivals can take some heart in his first set performance, when he committed 23 unforced errors.
He improved noticeably over the next three sets and is now undefeated in the US Open since 2003.
Federer said: "He (Hewitt) had a good start and he believed maybe more today than in some of the other ones he played against me. The way I came through, I was very happy."
Scotsman Andy Murray, widely regarded as Federer's biggest threat, beat American Taylor Dent 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 to carve his own passage into the fourth round.
Federer is now on 1.90 with Canbet to clinch the title having stood on 2.00 before the Hewitt match, with Murray on 4.00 with the same bookmaker.
In the women's event Serena Williams is an even tighter favourite than Federer, on 1.80 with Canbet, while Kim Clijsters is behind her on 3.75.
Belgian Clijsters beat Serena's sister Venus in three sets on Sunday to emerge as the most likely challenger to Serena's impressive form.
Latest Tennis betting news
- Sportsbet.com offering Lleyton Hewitt odds of 67.00 for Australian Open Tennis
- 2013 Tennis US Open Ladies Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Tennis US Open Men's Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Women's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 Men's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Women's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Outright and Semi Finals Betting Guide
All news archives (all sports)