Jarrod Croker backed to repeat historic point scoring tallyPosted on 10/01 by Joe Gann
Canberra's Jarrod Croker is the $3.50 favourite to top the competition's point scoring chart in 2018
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA shining light in an otherwise torrid season in the capital, Jarrod Croker is favourite to repeat his individual heroics when the action gets underway again next year.
With a low-key off season which saw few notable movements around the squad, boss Ricky Stuart has kept faith in a group of players that were sensational in the previous campaign.
2017 was a disappointment for the club given the optimism heading into the season and their failure to make the top eight was one of the surprises of the year. Stuart will be keen to assess where the misfiring Green Machine went wrong but has clearly decided that the talent at his disposal is well-equipped to make amends in the upcoming term.
Raiders Captain Jarrod Croker will again be essential to the Vikings’ hopes; 2017 saw the prolific centre achieve a couple of personal milestones despite an underwhelming season for the team.
The skipper scored his 100th NRL try against the Eels in Round five; he also made his 200th appearance for the club against the same opposition in Round eleven. Rounding off the season with nine tries and seven assists, kicking seventy-seven goals – Croker enjoyed a superb year from a personal point of view.
The all-time club appearance maker has committed to the club until 2020 and his dedication is fuelled by the belief that the club are on the cusp of success, despite approaching this year on the back of a shocking 2017 campaign.
He has been joined by fellow stars Joey Leilua, Jordan Rapana, Joe Tapine and Jack Wighton, who have all put pen to paper on deals that will see them remain with the Green Machine beyond 2018, illustrating the strong bonds in place at the club and testament to the spirit cultivated by Stuart.
Jarrod Croker is $3.50 to finish the 2018 season as top points scorer.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
BET NOW »$100 first bet racing refund *terms apply
- 4+ Multi Cash Back
- Protest Payout
- Horse Racing 10% Bet Boost
- First Multi Insurance up to $50
- *All offers subject to T&Cs - see Unibet for details*
Latest Rugby news
- New look Newcastle Knights $1.90 to start with a win
- Brisbane Broncos surprise outsiders on the opening day
- St George Dragons $1.80 to start the season with a bang against the Broncos
- Jarrod Croker backed to repeat historic point scoring tally
- Warriors keen to end finals drought
- The return of Johnathan Thurston boosts confidence in North Queensland Cowboys’ title chances
- Cameron Smith backed for 2018 Dally M as he leads Melbourne Storm’s next generation
- Fresh beginning for the Gold Coast Titans as they eye a more stable 2018
All news archives (all sports)
- - January