South Sydney Rabbitohs hoping to welcome back Greg Inglis in time for seasonís openerPosted on 29/01 by Joe Gann
A new coach, a high profile signing and a returning legend are all reasons to be cheerful ahead of the new campaign for the Bunnies.
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listWith an invaluable year of first-grade exposure under their belts, the young generation at South Sydney will head into next season well prepared for the challenges that lie ahead.
Despite his impending defection to fierce rivals the Sydney Roosters set to take place in 2019, Angus Crichton has shown that his commitment to the Rabbitohsí cause remains nothing less than total. The prodigiously talented back-rower has made the bold decision to amputate part of his finger in order to be fit for the commencement of the season. A ruptured tendon in his finger that four operations failed to correct led the 21-year-old to take the drastic measure; a choice that should see him return to action imminently.
The prospect of a returning Greg Inglis will provide a massive boost for the club following his lengthy injury lay-off, with rookie coach Anthony Seibold expecting the full-back to be fit in time for the Charity Shield on February 24. If Inglis can make his return to the fold, it will present Seibold with the luxury of pushing Cody Walker into the five-eighths slot alongside Adam Reynolds.
With Dane Gagai signed up from the Newcastle Knights, the Bunniesí line-up for the new term is starting to take shape. The dilemma lies with the hooker role, with Damien Cook and Robbie Farrah having shared the duties thus far, although coach Seibold is believed to prefer having one first choice number nine.
With Michael McGuire leaving his role at the end of the previous campaign, Seibold, the assistant Queensland Maroons coach is the man tasked with restoring the Redfern club to their former glories following last seasonís twelfth placed finish.
South Sydney are $1.60 to beat the Warriors in the Round 1 clash in Perth
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
Latest Rugby news
- New South Wales early favourites to claim the 2018 State of Origin title
- Melbourne Storm red-hot favourites to claim World Club title
- Canterbury Bulldogs the $7.00 mystery package for 2018?
- 2018 NRL odds, tips, ladder predictions, team previews and Premiership best bets
- Who will WIN the NRL Wooden Spoon?
- Cronulla Sharks $2.60 to avenge play-off loss to the Cowboys
- Confident Cowboys $1.50 to open with a win
- South Sydney Rabbitohs hoping to welcome back Greg Inglis in time for seasonís opener
All news archives (all sports)