New Zealand Warriors $2.35 to start 2018 with a confidence-boosting win.Posted on 29/01 by Joe Gann
The recruitment of home-grown talent is the foundation of the NZ Warriors' latest bid for finals footy.
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listWith Adam Blair, Tohu Harris and Blake Green arriving through the door at Mt Smart to augment an already talented pool of players, the Warriors would appear to well prepared for the pursuit of a top-eight place. It is a recurring theme surrounding the club on the eve of a new season though, and in recent times, the side has continued to fail to live up to the lofty expectations.
There may be a change ahead though as the club has decided to change tack in their recruitment mentality. The onus has been on enticing home-grown talent back across the Tasman, and the result has been that the club now boasts the majority of the New Zealand test team.
Seven of their eight off-season recruits are New Zealand natives and having happy players with a desire to come home will undoubtedly lead to a more harmonious playing unit.
Consistency is a word seldom associated with the Warriors, but the intention is that the familiarity borne from the assembly of a settled squad rather than the churn of the revolving door policy of big-name arrivals who fail to adapt to life across the Tasman, will reverse the trend of recent failures.
The roster now has a more balanced look with a mixture of youthful talent, experienced pros, and star names coming under the cap. Attracting players couldnít have been an easy sell, considering the lack of success of the previous six years but with the gradually changing culture at the club, 2018 may be a prosperous year.
The NZ Warriors are to defeat the South Sydney Rabbitohs in Round 1.
BET NOW »$501 Deposit Bonus (terms apply)
- Bet on the Socceroos manager
- 2018 Brownlow Medal odds
- Get a free Sportsbet ATM card
- AFL multi bet specials
Latest Rugby news
- New South Wales early favourites to claim the 2018 State of Origin title
- Melbourne Storm red-hot favourites to claim World Club title
- Canterbury Bulldogs the $7.00 mystery package for 2018?
- 2018 NRL odds, tips, ladder predictions, team previews and Premiership best bets
- Who will WIN the NRL Wooden Spoon?
- Cronulla Sharks $2.60 to avenge play-off loss to the Cowboys
- Confident Cowboys $1.50 to open with a win
- South Sydney Rabbitohs hoping to welcome back Greg Inglis in time for seasonís opener
All news archives (all sports)