Davydenko victory puts him in the running for Australian OpenPosted on 02/12 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listWith the Australian Open just around the corner, this win for the
Russian has shown that Federer is not unshakeable and to boost his
tennis odds for the tournament.
Bookmakers are putting the odds of Nikolay Davydenko to win the
Australian Open at 38.00, according to Betfair.
Federer has never lost to the Russian before, and the pair had met
twelve times prior to Saturday’s encounter.
Davydenko will meet either Juan Martin Del Potro or Robin Soderling in
the final, which is to be held on Sunday.
What makes Davydenko’s win even more surprising is that his progress to
the final was not a simple affair.
He had only sealed his qualification for the last four on Friday.
This qualification happened late in the evening, which meant he was back
facing his opponent only 14 hours later.
However, he showed no signs of tiredness in the match against Federer,
and took the match in straight sets.
Federer lost a couple of early breaks and served some double faults that
were uncharacteristic of the usual game played by the Swiss.
Davydenko pulled off a couple of big serves in the final set, which
helped him see off a late challenge from Federer.
Latest Tennis betting news
- Sportsbet.com offering Lleyton Hewitt odds of 67.00 for Australian Open Tennis
- 2013 Tennis US Open Ladies Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Tennis US Open Men's Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Women's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 Men's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Women's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Outright and Semi Finals Betting Guide
All news archives (all sports)