Nadal gunning for the OpenPosted on 28/11 by R Van Mesman
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listHe has said he is working hard on regaining his mental sharpness and self-belief, with the tournament due in January.
Nadal has already mentioned that he is going to start his preparation immediately, by going back to the practice courts straightaway so that he can up his game before the Grand Slam event.
He has just come off playing at the World Tour Finals in London, which did not turn out to be the best experience for him.
Speaking to aapsports, he said: "I didn't arrive to this tournament with the full confidence that you need to win these matches. And in the moments that I had to play well, I didn't play well. I had mistakes."
However, he addressed the approach he was now expecting to take as regards his preparations for the Australian event, saying: "Practising and working a lot, that's the way for me, the only way to improve the situation. That's what I did all my life."
Nadal is on at 8.2 to win the Australian Open, according to Betfair's tennis odds.
Latest Tennis betting news
- Sportsbet.com offering Lleyton Hewitt odds of 67.00 for Australian Open Tennis
- 2013 Tennis US Open Ladies Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Tennis US Open Men's Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Women's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 Men's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Women's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Outright and Semi Finals Betting Guide
All news archives (all sports)