Will Federer justify the online tennis betting odds?Posted on 13/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listRoger Federer is still the overwhelming betting favourite to take the US Open men's title but faces a stern test from Juan Martin del Potro today.
New York's Flushing Meadows will see history made if the Swiss does clinch victory - he will become the first man since Bill Tilden in 1925 to win six US Open titles on the bounce.
Federer is on 1.30 with Sportsbet's tennis betting market to take the title, with Del Potro, who knocked out Rafael Nadal in the semis, on 3.50.
Sportsbet are also offering odds of 2.62 that Federer will wrap up the match in straight sets.
He already holds the impressive record of winning 39 matches in a row at the event and also now holds the record for reaching the most grand slam semis in a row.
"Not what I aimed for, thatís for sure," he said of the incredible semis run,
"Probably one of the greatest records for me, personally, in my career. Glad it keeps going."
Aregentine Del Potro was in impressive form as he blew away Nadal in straight sets at the weekend but is thought to be at a disadvantage in terms of the indoor surface in New York, on which Federer seems to thrive.
Federer also looks to be playing some of the best tennis of his career, hitting a 'hotdog' shot backwards through his legs to gain a match point in his semis win over Novak Djokovic.
Latest Tennis betting news
- Sportsbet.com offering Lleyton Hewitt odds of 67.00 for Australian Open Tennis
- 2013 Tennis US Open Ladies Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Tennis US Open Men's Match Odds and Betting
- 2013 Women's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 Men's US Open Tennis Odds and Betting Guide
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Women's Singles Final Odds
- 2013 ATP Tennis Wimbledon Men's Singles Outright and Semi Finals Betting Guide
All news archives (all sports)