Anthony Cummings horse ready to Rock Epsom Handicap bettingPosted on 29/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listGeorge Main Stakes winner Road To Rock will build on his weekend triumph by joining the betting for the Epsom Handicap on Saturday.
The Anthony Cummings-trained horse shocked the field including clear favourite Racing To Win on Saturday and also has the Cox Plate in his sights.
Saturday's 1600m group 1 race at Randwick also features Black Piranha, who was second in the George Main, plus the promising Gai Waterhouse-trained Moti.
Leading the betting is Rangirangdoo on 3.80 with IASbet, followed by Drumbeats and Road To Rock, both on 6.00.
Before the George Main Stakes Cummings had offered one or two clues towards the likelihood of a Road To Rock upset.
"I think he's slipped under the radar a bit but I don't mind. It's what happens out there on the track that matters", he had said in the Courier Mail.
The horse now also stands on 31.00 to claim the Cox Plate on October 24, alongside Manhattan Rain and Rangirangdoo, among others.
The favourite for the Moonee Valley headliner is still Whobegotyou, on 3.60 with IASbet, while Maldivian is on 8.50 with the same bookmaker.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)