Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penaltyPosted on 20/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listJameka has been made $8.00 2nd favourite in the Caulfield Cup despite picking up a penalty for winning the Naturalism Stakes. The penalty means Jameka is set to carry 52kg in both the Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup.
"Jameka was a decisive winner of the Naturalism Stakes, defeating last season's Sydney Cup winner, Gallante, by 3.75-lengths," Carpenter said.
"She carried 3kg less than Gallante on Saturday, and with the 0.5kg penalty she now has 1.5kg less than Gallante in both the Caulfield and Melbourne Cup.
"Historically speaking, Leilani (1974) and How Now (1976) are the only four-year-old mares to carry 52kg to victory in Caulfield Cup.
"As for the Melbourne Cup, Light Fingers (1965, 52.5kg) and Ethereal (2001, 52kg) are the only four-year-old mares to have won carrying 52kg or more."
Sacred Master, winner of the Newcastle Cup will also be carrying 51kg after picking up a 0.5kg penalty for has latest win. He is now equal 56th in the order of entry and priced at $34.00 with sportsbet.com.au
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)