Australian Rules comes to ChinaPosted on 05/12 by
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listThere will be a World Expo match between Melbourne and Brisbane on October 17 next year at the Shanghai Jiangwan Stadium, and the game is being set up by the Australian Football League with the aim of expanding and raising the profile of the Australian sport in China.
The general manager for national and international development for the AFL, David Matthews, told China Daily: “The AFL is trying to use the World Expo as a platform to exhibit this truly unique and indigenous Australian sport to the country’s large audience.
“We are extremely excited to be able to bring Australia’s indigenous game and all its unique skills to Shanghai as we develop the code internationally.”
One of the top AFL players, Jason Akermanis, made a special visit recently ahead of the Expo, to work with some young children, stopping in Shanghai last week to take the time to give tips on AFL to some Primary school age children.
Latest Aussie Rules news
- AFL Round 8 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 7 odds, betting and tips
- 2018 AFL Round 6 betting odds and tips
- AFL Round 6 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 5 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 4 odds and betting tips
- AFL Round 2 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 1 odds, betting and tips
All news archives (all sports)