Gary Ablett 2013 Brownlow Medal Favourite odds are way too short at Sportsbet.com.auPosted on 11/09 by T J Dilfer
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listGary Ablett currently sits at just $1.70 to win the Brownlow Medal at Sportsbet.com.au (The online bookmaker who actually paid out all standing bets on Ablett winning the Medal with a quarter of the home and away season to go).
Next in the betting is Joel Selwood at $3.75, and he is the player who really shortened up in the betting in the last 5-6 weeks of the season.
Ablett would be much longer if it were not for his best on ground performance against the hapless Giants in the final round. Before that he'd been very quiet for about 3-4 weeks (possibly polling zero votes in that period) so that alone constitutes a big risk in taking the short odds. Yes, no doubt up to round 10 he was dominant, but the Suns still suffered a lot of losses where he may also have missed the points.
It's easy to get carried away with Brownlow favourites. Jobe Watson was in the top 3 of the betting before winning last year (a $7.00 chance), but the year before that Chris Judd beaten when a $2.00 chance, and in 2010 so was Dane Swan who was done when a red hot $1.70 shot.
There's plenty of other value alternative bets, and possibly a few good each way shouts in terms of Pendlebury at $12.00, Ryan Griffen at a whopping $31.00 or even Michael Barlow at a tempting $34.00.
For the real AFL betting anoraks, Sportsbet.com.au are offering some very deep markets on the Brownlow Medal, including odds for:
Brownlow Quinella odds
Brownow Trifecta odds
Most Brownlow Team Votes odds
Brownlow Leader after Round 10 odds
Brownlow Top 3 finish odds
Brownlow Top 5 finish odds
Just click on the odds or bet now buttons below to start betting on the 2013 Brownlow Medal
|All other players||Click here|
- Next Socceroos Manager odds. Who will be the new permanent Coach of Australia?
- 2017 State of Origin 3. QLD v NSW odds, preview, team news and betting tips
- 2017 State of Origin 2. NSW v QLD odds, preview, team news and betting tips
Do you want to place a bet?
Return to Aussie Rules home.
Latest Aussie Rules news
- AFL Round 8 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 7 odds, betting and tips
- 2018 AFL Round 6 betting odds and tips
- AFL Round 6 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 5 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 4 odds and betting tips
- AFL Round 2 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 1 odds, betting and tips
All news archives (all sports)
- - January