Our first MAXIMUM BET of the AFL Season wins easily - plus winners galore. Join now for freePosted on 18/07 by Les H
St Kilda won easily to land our first Maximum bet advised in 2016
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA great weekend for our email subscribers with our first maximum bet selection of the season winning easily.
This is the advice we gave members who Subscribe to our tipping service for free and get AFL tips sent by email every week.
St Kilda v Melbourne
• Melbourne has only won one of its past 24 matches at the Etihad Stadium and were thumped here by the Saints in Round six this year at the same venue
• St Kilda has won the past 13 contests against Melbourne – and we’re really struggling to work out why the bookies have the Demons as favourites here….
• With such one-sided stats heading into this clash the odds of 1.99 for the Saints to win on the head to head market is fantastic value, especially using Sportsbet’s ‘lead at any break and money back’ promotion
Betting tip: Back St Kilda to win the game at odds of $1.99 with Sportsbet.com.au for a 3-units stake.
And just before kick off odds of $2.25 were available for St Kilda which was exceptional value.
That was just one highlight of a very profitable weekend for subscribers. Here's a recap of our other winning tips:
Fremantle ($5.50) v Geelong ($1.14)
• Out of form Fremantle have an awful home record this year, losing five from seven in Perth
• Geelong is ranked #1 in the league for inside 50’s – The Dockers are ranked 16th and their scoring average is only 71 points per game
• The Cats haven’t won since Round 13 so victory is a must if they want to finish Top 4. Geelong should win but it might be tighter than the Bookies think
Betting tip: Back Geelong to win the game by 1-39 points at odds of $2.10 with Sportsbet.com.au for a 1-unit stake.
Richmond ($1.15) v Essendon ($5.85)
• In 65 contests at the MCG the score stands at 32 wins each and one draw!
• The improving Bombers posted their biggest score of the year in Round 16 with 98 points against St Kilda, in a game they could have won if Daniher had kicked a late set shot
• Two poor defences match up here so it could be a shoot-out. The value could lie in the total match points market which looks low at 176.5
Betting tip: Back over 176.5 total match points at odds of $1.88 with Sportsbet.com.au for a 2-units stake.
Carlton ($5.50) v West Coast ($1.14)
• West Coast average 120 points at Domain Stadium but only 80 away from home, which gives Carlton a small chance here
• The Blues have really struggled recently after a tremendous mid-season run but might fare better back at home in what could be a low scoring encounter
• Carlton need to keep Kennedy in check, if they do they can cover the handicap line of 33.5 points
Betting tip: Back Carlton +33.5 points on the handicap line at odds of $1.92 with Sportsbet.com.au for a 1-unit stake.
Brisbane ($11.50) v GWS Giants ($1.04)
• Brisbane have now lost 11 consecutive matches and will probably equal the club losing record of 12 on Sunday
• The Lions have the worst defence in the competition by far, conceding an average of 126 points per game
• GWS were probably too complacent against the Pies last week and remain a potential Top four team, they should win here easily in a high scoring game
Betting tip: Back over 190.5 total match points at odds of $1.88 with Sportsbet.com.au for a 1-unit stake.
We didn't advise a bet in the two of the games. And punters who backed Sydney got their money back with Sportsbet.com.au as the Swans lead after Q1.
Make sure you Subscribe to our tipping service and get your Round 18
Do you want to place a bet on Free AFL tips?
Return to Aussie Rules home.
Latest Aussie Rules news
- AFL Round 8 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 7 odds, betting and tips
- 2018 AFL Round 6 betting odds and tips
- AFL Round 6 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 5 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 4 odds and betting tips
- AFL Round 2 odds, betting and tips
- AFL Round 1 odds, betting and tips
All news archives (all sports)
- - January