Australia and India tied in ODI cricket betting marketsPosted on 25/10 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listAustralia captain Ricky Ponting has said his side will not be underestimating India as they go into the first of seven ODI series matches on Sunday.
His team face the hosts in Jaipur and will be looking to continue months of superb 50-over form.
Australia thrashed England 6-1 over the summer and successfully defended their Champions Trophy crown in South Africa last month.
The online cricket betting market at IASbet has them at 1.90 to win the series, level with the hosts, and at 1.85 to win the first match compared to 1.95 for India.
Ponting said: "India is a very good and strong one-day team and we're not underestimating them.
"We are the number one and two teams in the world and it all points to an entertaining and good contest over the next few weeks."
Ponting added he did not look upon the retirement of the likes of Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist as a setback.
He pointed to a number of promising young players coming up through the ranks and a heightened level of confidence which now appears unaffected by The Ashes series loss to England.
India go into the opening game of the series having headed off questions over security, with a tight cordon set up around the Australia side.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)