Australia face heated Indian atmosphere in ODI openerPosted on 26/10 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA heated atmosphere is likely to greet Australia in Jaipur today when they bid to kick off their ODI series against India with an eye-catching win.
Ricky Ponting's side have four major absentees in the form of Michael Clarke, Brad Haddin, Callum Ferguson and Nathan Bracken, who are all out with injuries.
Hosts India are welcoming back big hitters Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh, who both missed the recent Champions Trophy.
Australia's last ODI tour of India was in 2007, when Australia won 4-2, although this time around the bookmakers have been finding it difficult to separate both sides.
Sportsbet's online cricket betting market has India as marginal outsiders for today's match, at 1.95 to Australia's odds of 1.85.
However, Australia go into the series in outstanding form, having won 10 of their last 11 ODI matches, including an unbeaten run in winning the Champions Trophy in South Africa.
Ponting said: "We couldn't have done much better than the last 12 games of one-day cricket that we have played.
"At the moment we have played consistently good one-day cricket and I'll expect that to continue over the next couple of weeks in India."
India failed to get out of the group stage in last month's Champions Trophy and will be looking to improve their 50-over form.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)