Betting blooms early for Golden RosePosted on 24/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listDenman trainer Peter Snowden has said the current Golden Rose favourite could profit from his favourable barrier draw.
The Run to the Rose winner will be in gate four on Saturday at Rosehill as early horse racing betting markets chalked him up as the favourite.
Denman is currently at 2.75 with Centrebet for the $1 million event, having fluctuated between 2.80 and 2.70.
Quoted by the Daily Telegraph, Snowden said: "There are so many talented horses in the field and these type of races are generally won or lost by a small margin.
"So to draw well is a big positive. I would think he would settle somewhere in the first couple like he did in the Run to the Rose."
The first group 1 of the season also sees current second favourite Trusting now at 5.00 and in barrier 11, with Phelan Ready at 6.00 and alongside him in 12.
Early bets saw punters rush initial prices on Denman in online markets while there was also interest in The Mikado at 17.00.
But trainer Clinton McDonald has said he believes Bombay Sling, currently at 21.00 with Centrebet, can cause an upset come the weekend.
He told The Age: "We know we need to find a length or two, so we've got blinkers on him for the first time and he'll go into the race much fitter than when we went up two weeks ago."
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)