Betting could focus on Mic Mac after rival's commentPosted on 27/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listMic Mac has been tipped by a rival trainer as the clear favourite to walk away with the Memsie Stakes at Caulfield tomorrow.
Mark Kavanagh, who will saddle Whobegotyou and Sea Battle told the Herald Sun Mic Mac has "got it on toast" unless a rival jockey plays a clever ride.
He said: "Unless some jockey has a crack, he (Mic Mac) has got it on toast.
"Mic Mac will get a soft lead, slow them down to 13.5 (per 200m) from the 1000m and then rip home the last 600m.
"Whobegotyou and Sea Battle would have to run home in 32 seconds . . . impossible."
Mic Mac is the 2.90 favourite for the 1400m group 2 event with Centrebet, with El Segundo and Whobegotyou joint second favourites at 4.85, while Orange County is in at 6.50 with the same bookmaker.
Mic Mac's case is strengthened by a favourable barrier draw of four while Whobegotyou is in 11 and El Segundo in seven.
El Segundo already has one Memsie Stakes win to his name and his trainer Colin Little has said he expects a "very forward performance".
Plenty of attention will be on the Memsie Stakes on Saturday despite the presence of the Golden Rose, as the last four winners of the Cox Plate have competed in the Memsie.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)