Calm Before looking to cook up a campaign stormPosted on 23/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA promising mare will start her build up to listed racing when she appears at Eagle Farm on Wednesday.
Calm Before is appearing in the 1200m Lyndhurst Stud Handicap after a sleek victory in a 1200m run at the same course a week ago.
Trainer Liam Birchley is hoping to get the four-year-old up to form to challenge for a listed race win in her next campaign.
Birchley told AAP: "I thought it was a dominant win last start as she was never better than three wide all the way.
"She's already been placed in a Listed race and she's out of a very good family.
"If she keeps improving she's definitely got the ability to win a Listed race next campaign."
According to AAP, Calm Before was stakes placed when a two-year-old, running third to Black Minx in the 1200m Listed Sir Douglas Wadley (1200m) at Eagle Farm just over a year ago.
Calm Before is the favourite with IASbet at 2.90 but faces plenty of decent competition on Wednesday.
Queen of Asia is at 3.80 in the betting with the same bookmaker and has three wins from nine starts at 1200m, plus four placings.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)