Can Typhoon Tracy cause a storm on Saturday?Posted on 07/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listMuch-touted mare Typhoon Tracy will take on the $200,000 1400m J.J.Liston Stakes on Saturday, trainer Peter Moody has said.
Moody told Sport927.com.au the horse will take to the race with Luke Nolen in the saddle after jump-outs at Caulfield on Tuesday morning.
He told the site: "She worked strongly on the course proper this morning, pulled up well, and she'll go towards the Liston on Saturday in preference to the Quezette."
"I think she's better suited at the 1400 metres first-up, instead of the hustle and bustle of the 1200 of the Quezette."
Typhoon Tracy will be bidding for her seventh win in as many races at the weekend, but racing fans will be deprived of Black Caviar on Saturday after the decision was taken to save the filly for Moonee Valley next week.
"At this stage well keep her for Moonee Valley the following week. She's about a week behind Reward For Effort and Headway." Moody added.
Reward For Effort and Headway are starting their spring campaigns on Saturday with the former appearing in the Vain Stakes and the latter in the Quezette Stakes.
Moody added he felt Reward for Effort was the "benchmark colt" in the country and had maintained his imposing manner.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)