Caulfield Cup still possible for Hissing SidPosted on 23/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing list
The joint trainer of Warrnambool Cup winner Hissing Sid is still keen on getting him to the Caulfield Cup after a promising run in the Naturalism Stakes on Saturday.
Although the five-year-old ended up in sixth at Caulfield, he appeared to compete well with Speed Gifted, who is currently on odds of 18.00 for the Caulfield Cup.
He also ran from barrier 14 and managed a strong finish, to the delight of joint trainer Symon Wilde.
Quoted by The Standard, he said: "We're very pleased, very happy with the run and he probably held his own with Speed Gifted in the run to the line.
"He certainly looks like he wants a mile-and-a-half."
He added he would contact Racing Victoria chief handicapper Greg Carpenter to help work out a spring route for Hissing Sid.
There is even an outside shot at the Melbourne Cup for the horse, who may go to the 2500m Bart Cummings, or the Herbet Power, as part of his spring Campaign.
At one stage Speed Gifted was second favourite for the Caulfield Cup, but the betting is now headed up by Vigor on 6.00, with Predatory Pricer on 8.00 and Daffodil on 9.50, all with IASbet.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)