Chemsford Stakes shapes up as Saturday's horse betting highlightPosted on 01/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA strong field is gearing up to contest the 1600m Chelmsford Stakes at Randwick on Saturday, including the AJC Derby winner.
Roman Emperor was "well within himself" at a track session on Tuesday at Randwick on Tuesday, running the last 200m in 12.9 seconds, according to Thoroughbred News.
Also among the 11 horses accepted for the group 2 $151,800 race are Vision and Power, the AJC Doncaster Mile winner, plus the Gai Waterhouse-trained Dreamscape.
Roman Emperor is at 8.00 in the horse racing betting market on Centrebet, behind Vision and Power on 7.00, and Court Command is at 4.50 with the same bookmaker.
Roman Emperor trainer Bart Cummings was quoted by Thoroughbred News as saying: “He is going good and will need just a bit more normal work before Saturday.”
Hugh Bowman is set to be the rider for Roman Emperor, with Cummings' website reporting the horse's run over the 1200m of the Show County was "a very pleasing one, but he will be more at home over the 1600m of Saturday’s event, although it’s still short of his best distance".
Also lining up on Saturday is O'Lonhro, trained by John Hawkes, and coming off the back of a second in the Warwick Stakes.
He has been installed as the favourite on odds of 2.80 with Centrebet.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)