Cox Plate odds plummet for Whobegotyou after storming winPosted on 13/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA spectacular win for Whobegotyou has seen his odds shrink fast in horse racing betting markets for the Cox Plate.
The horse eased to victory on Saturday in the 1600m Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes, finishing ahead of a strong field at Moonee Valley.
He has since squeezed to 3.20 favourite with IASbet to win the October 24 Plate on the same course, ahead of El Segundo on 12.00.
The four-year-old continued an unbeaten record at Moonee Valley with the win, to the delight of trainer Mark Kavanagh, whose decision to apply blinkers paid off.
Jockey Damien Oliver was also suitably impressed and said the horse could have what it takes for the big occasion.
Quoted by AAP, he said: "The blinkers switched him on a lot more and not only that, coming back to Moonee Valley.
"He really appreciates the track here and he was back to his best today."
Saturday's competition included a host of stars such as Mic Mac, beaten into second, and Singapore mare Jolie's Shinju, who came third.
As a result Jolie's Shinju is now also down to 12.00 for the Cox Plate with IASbet.
Whobegotyou may now appear in Saturday's 1800m Underwood Stakes at Caulfield.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)