Coyle has faith in Trusting for SaturdayPosted on 16/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listA colt could prove to be a sensible each way bet as trainer Jason Coyle aims to get him into the placings in the group 2 Warwick Stakes at Randwick on Saturday.
Trusting easily won his first race over 1200m at Canterbury on July 29 but did not fare as well in the Run to the Rose last weekend when he came seventh.
Now Coyle is hoping the colt can get into the placings at the Warwick Stakes, where $150,000 in prize money is on offer.
The horse is currently well down on the Golden Rose order of entry and the goal is to pick up as much as possible on Saturday.
Quoted by Racing and Sports, Coyle said: "It looks like the seven furlongs (on Saturday) will suit him and there's a few resuming.
"With the weight pull I'm hoping he can get into the prizemoney and find his way into the good three-year-old race."
The group 1 Golden Rose on Saturday week is worth a total of $1 million.
Coyle earmarked Trusting as a possible for the race after his July win, which saw him beat Gai Waterhouse-trained favourite Exceed with Me.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)