Cricket betting markets have India favourites to bounce backPosted on 28/10 by HS Jackson Jnr
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listDespite Australia's four-run victory over India in the ODI opener on Sunday, India are favourites to tie the series 1-1 on Wednesday.
Betfair gives India odds of 1.78 and Australia 2.26, seemingly in response to injuries suffered by James Hopes, Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson.
Hopes is set to miss the second and third games of the series having suffered a hamstring strain, whilst Lee and Johnson are set to miss game two, following injuries to their elbow and ankle respectively.
As a result, New South Wales all-rounder Moises Hneriques was called to return to India, a day after returning home.
The chairman of the select committee was quoted on Cricket.com and said: "While the injury situation is disappointing it does provide an opportunity for Moises to join the Australian squad and become familiar in this environment."
Australia captain Ricky Ponting described the match as 'well-executed' and in response, India Captain Mahendra Singh Dhani said his batsmen would have to improve, but was confident his team had the experience to bounce back.
Latest Cricket news
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 3rd (Third) Test Odds and Tips 13th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 2nd (Second) Test Odds and Tips 5th December 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England Live 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England 1st Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes Odds Australia v England First (1st) Test Odds and Tips 21st Nov 2013
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top England Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Batsman Runscorer betting (Most Runs)
- 2013/14 Ashes odds: Top Australia Bowler betting (Most Wickets)
All news archives (all sports)