Denman delights horse racing betting puntersPosted on 28/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listGolden Rose winner Denman could be set for a shot at the Caulfield Guineas as the three-year-old continues to go from strength to strength.
He stormed to an impressive victory in the group 1 race at Rosehill on Saturday, prompting trainer Peter Snowden to hint he could appear in the headline October 10 race at Caulfield.
Following Saturday's win in the $1 million event, Denman is at odds of 19.00 for the Cox Plate with Centrebet and has evoked comparisons with his father, Lonhro.
The victory was all the more impressive given jockey Kerrin McEvoy lost his whip as he headed to the post.
Snowden told the Daily Telegraph: "You have got to look at races like this with a realistic view, and how valuable they can be to a horse like him, who could quite possibly be a stallion of the future.
"He is only three once and the horse is obviously in form. The way he settled, a mile won't be a problem."
Trusting, who had stood at 5.50 with IASbet before the race, finished second, while Phelan Ready, on the same odds with the same bookmaker, ended up 14th.
The Telegraph added Phelan Ready went through extensive tests after the race but appeared fine and will head to the Caulfield Guineas.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)