Denman strengthens his Caulfield Guineas casePosted on 28/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listStar three-year-old Denman firmed up his odds for the Caulfield Guineas after yet another promising win in the 1400m Stan Fox Stakes.
He stormed home ahead of a small but talented field at Randwick, which included the likes of More Than Great.
After the race trainer Peter Snowden warned Denman may well put in an even better effort in the October 10 Guineas.
The horse currently leads the online horse racing betting markets for the headliner, on odds of 3.50 with Centrebet.
Quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald, Snowden said: "At this level you've got to be 110 per cent, but with these horses, like today (with Denman), he was a tad under-done. He has to get up in another two weeks but that will bring him on no end.
"I'm telling you he is a far better horse if he sits off, let him go through his gears, let him drop late. You'll see a different horse (at the Guineas), what you are seeing today is talent.''
Behind Denman in the early markets is Trusting, on 4.40, while Manhattan Rain and So You Think are both on 8.00 with Centrebet.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)