Denman tightens grip on Stan Fox Stakes bettingPosted on 25/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listDenman remains the firm favourite in the limited field of the group 2 Stan Fox Stakes at Randwick tomorrow.
The star colt has shrunk down to 1.45 having opened at 1.50 in the betting with IASbet.
As of Friday afternoon he faced only four rivals in the 1400m run - More Than Great, second favourite on 3.20, up from 2.80, plus Turf Express, El Sonador and Run for Naara.
Denman stormed to victory in the $1 million Golden Rose last month and is trained by Peter Snowden.
He is also well in the running for the $1 million Caulfield Guineas next month, standing as the 3.80 favourite, also with IASbet.
He has been leading the betting for the 1600m headliner, with Trusting currently on 4.20 and So You Think third favourite on 7.50.
However, colt Turf Express, trained by Gai Waterhouse, could be capable of springing a surprise on Saturday.
Waterhouse's online 'tipping sheet' said: "He's stripped fitter for the outing. He's spot on to be ultra competitive in this small but classy field."
Turf Express is currently on odds of 12.00, while El Sonador is at 31.00 and Run for Naara is the clear outsider on 41.00, all with IASbet.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)