Early clues for Golden Rose betting on SaturdayPosted on 06/08 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing list
Three potential big guns for the richest race of the Sydney spring will run against each other at Rosehill on Saturday.
AAP reports Melbourne colt Denman will appear in the 1300m Run to the Rose, setting up a clash with Hus Der Lieften.
Alongside them should be More Than Great, as trainer David Payne is expected to keep the horse against peers of his own age.
All three are seen as potential $1 million Golden Rose winners.
According to AAP, More Than Great has emerged as a serious shout for the Golden Rose since a commanding win at Rosehill last month.
Although the horse is not entered for the Golden Rose, his owner is prepared to stump up the late entry fee if he does well in the run-up.
Quoted by AAP, Payne said: "I'd say he's pretty forward for Saturday. He'll be better again on Golden Rose day, this will top him up.
"We'll pay up on the 24th, we've got that option if he goes well."
More Than Great's chances could be boosted by the fact he has not raced since the July victory, and has instead been kept under wraps to remain fresh for a spring campaign.
Payne also has Magic Model down to start in The Run to the Rose, set to be ridden by Glyn Schofield.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)