Early Cox Plate betting frontrunners face off on SaturdayPosted on 07/09 by Pom de Turf
Weekly Expert Betting Tips - Join our free mailing listSuperstar gelding El Segundo could be gearing up to reproduce his best form on Saturday at Moonee Valley - a course which has seen him shine in the past.
The track is traditionally where the eight-year-old has done his best work, including chalking up a win in the 2007 Cox Plate.
He returns to the Victoria venue on Saturday in the 1600m Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes, with $500,000 up for grabs in the group two event.
However, he will face Whobegotyou, who is last season's Caulfield Guineas winner and one of the early favourites for the Cox Plate this year.
Whobegotyou trainer Mark Kavanagh told Adelaide Now: "I'm very happy with him. He'll enjoy getting to 1600m and going to Moonee Valley where he races so well."
The emerging Sea Battle is also set to appear in the Dato Tan Chin Nam Stakes, Kavanagh has said.
Early horse racing betting for the Cox Plate sees Whobegotyou as the 5.00 favourite with IASbet, just ahead of El Segundo on 9.00.
Just behind them is Jolies Shinju, also appearing in Saturday's race and currently on 11.00 for the Plate with the same bookmaker.
Latest Horse Racing news
- Winx has two to beat in the Caulfield Stakes
- Favourite Foxplay looks good in warm up for 1000 Guineas
- Pakistan Star Last to First Again
- Jameka 2nd favourite despite winning penalty
- Wicklow Brave Melbourne Cup odds slashed after Curragh win
- Palentino Form Odds and Tips
- Palentino upsets Black Heart Bart on route to Cox Plate
- Tosen Stardom to take on Winx before the Cox Plate
All news archives (all sports)